Sunday, January 31, 2016

Ideas for your teams

The key secret to success in World Zombination is having multiple teams.

This will allow you to fight more, which means you will:

  • get more DNA which you will use to evolve your units
  • end up with better rewards on guild raids
  • help the guild to grow
  • not have to wait around for your team to get back stamina

Here are my current teams, so you can get an idea for some of the sorts of teams you can set up. The teams can all beat Bogata (the highest raid) on expert level.  I pretty much always borrow an explosive with all my teams. I like exploding stuff. You'll notice that all my teams have a drone generator (mostly reanimator) and a healer/resurrector (normally mortician). Mortician is very important if you want to get full points on a raid as he helps with your survival bonus.

Note: you may like playing and be very successful with completely different sorts of teams, which is excellent (send me pics and I will make a blog post about your teams) - these are really just some ideas of teams that work.

Octavia's A Team

This is my A team (featured appearance by Breizh's Doomsday)




Tanks: Dr and Colossus
Range: Cesspool, Biohazard
Explody guy: Harbinger
Support crew: Mortician (healing and resurrecting), Reanimator (adding to the drone army)

This was my first team, and besides the Dr and Cesspool, you will notice everyone is rare or uncommon so it is a team anyone can make. (And cesspool is one of the units you get from the campaign) If you were making a team without the doctor, you could use someone tanky like titan in his place. I made this team back in guilden-times when epics were very hard to get and harder to level (before we had "An Epic Chance" perk).... *memories* Cesspool is levelled quite high, as I wanted to level something over 39 for people to borrow, and he was the most popular unit I had at the time. He works fine at level 30, like most units (admittedly better at 44 though!)

Octavia's B Team


Tanks: Titan, Foulmouth
Range: Defiler
Fast attack: Assassin
Explody guy: Killaton
Support crew: Undertaker (healing and resurrecting), Reanimator (adding to the drone army)


This is my second team, lead by Titan. It has my first-ever legendary (undertaker) which could easily be replaced by a mortician. It's a pretty good team. I only like assassins when they reach 30 and can jump over walls (using flare makes assassin a much better unit). This foulmouth (my first epic, from the campaign) has the blinding perk and he works well with it as part of a team.

Octavia's C Team


Tanks: Behemoth and Titan
Fast attack: Daredevil
Explody guy: Harbinger
Support crew: Mortician (healing and resurrecting), Reanimator (adding to the drone army)

My C team has Behemoth and Daredevil. Daredevil is a unit that is easy to choose the wrong perks for. To stop him from committing suicide, choose Fosbury Flop (dodge) at level 10 and Co-ordinated strikes at 30 (so he doesn't run off past a close by sniper to the support units who are always with tanks anyway). Once you've spawned a few of them together, they are quite a good unit. Use Flare to make them even better. Speaking of perks, for Biohazard, I chose Airborne Vector (increasing Biohazard's area of effect) and Adrenal Stimulation (reduce Ally cooldown) for both of my Biohazards. The second one works well with slower tanks like Titan and Behemoth (it means they attack more frequently).

Octavia's D Team



Tanks: Brute and Goliath
Range: Chef, Squidfingers, and Wildfire
Support crew: Mortician (healing and resurrecting), Infector (adding to the drone army)

I was very excited about the introduction of the tentacled girls to the game as they were the first (noticeably!) female units on the infected-side (survivors are lucky and have lots). I worked hard on the long raids and scraped together enough coins to buy a featured pack and was lucky enough to get three legendaries Facker, Hellion, and Domina). The tentacled units are now available in ordinary epic packs so are not too tricky to get any more.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get Mistress or Rainmaker to work well in any of the teams I have put them in, but Wildfire and Squidfingers are good units when used together. This team I made up of units I raised for the Insane campaign - that's why chef (who is ok) and goliath and brute are there. You could easily substitute other tanks or ranged units to work alongside wildfire and squidfingers.

The Triplet team




Tanks: Pitboss, Foulmouth
Fast attack: Delinquents
Support crew: Scouts (Healing), Demerits (buffing, debuffing), Mortician (healing and resurrecting), Reanimator (adding to the drone army)

This is the other team I made from scraping my coins together and buying a featured pack (legendary unit was punks). It has a foulmouth with armour (improved by Demerit) and a Pitboss to knock down fences and buildings (raised for the Insane campaign and a useful part of the team).

Left overs team


Range: Cesspool and Patient zero
Fast attack: Punks
Explody guys: Doomsday, Killaton
Support crew: Mortician (healing and resurrecting), Farmer (adding to the drone army)

This team has no thought behind it, but it kind of works (probably not as good as it can be). It is made up of the units I am raising to lend out (Doomsday and Punks), a Farmer (from insane) and a couple of other randoms :-)

I'll probably split up some of the units and make two better balanced teams in the future. Farmer will probably go back into doing research as I really prefer having a reanimator who adds to my reserves.


Dubai special team



If you want to fairly cheaply (in DNA) make a team that can beat Dubai on expert with full points, this team can do it (with a borrowed heavy explosive, such as Doomsday or Killaton). You may need to have your flare at full level to help your explosives get where they are going without prematurely exploding though :-)!






No comments:

Post a Comment